Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Direct Mailer


The direct mailer project got me thinking about designing to an audience. I started with the concept for a wakeboard shop, then began a design around that target audience. The mailer is targeted to Males and females, 18-25. The design itself speaks to the younger crowd and the difference in colors separates guys from girls. To complete this mailer I included, along with my files for print, an Excel sheet with all of the variable information, and written instructions on how the piece goes together. The piece is two cards with two front covers and one black and white back to cut down on time and cost. With this mailer, I hope to persuade potential customers to visit The Board Shop for all of their wakeboard needs.
I started with five thumbnail sketches of possible layouts.
Final Cards



All Images are Copyright 2011, taken by Gordon Maxey

I then developed a rough of the one I wanted to use.

I started with five thumbnail sketches of possible layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment