Friday, March 4, 2011

Notpad Assignment

Notepad Assignment:

I was recently charged with the task of designing a notepad that "sells ourselves." Through this project I went through the whole process of design (input) to print (output) start to finish. This project involved not only design, but preparing files for output, then following up with the printer to find out how they would like files given to them, the time required to print, and ultimately, cost. I found out the price differences between all my options and then made the best, most cost effective decision for me. My photography was a perfect place to start. I wanted something simple and elegant that would catch the eye and deliver a message quickly. Here is what I came up with. All images and design copyright by Gordon Maxey 2011.
My finished product.


After drawing out ten thumbnail sketches I decided on one to take a little further and I liked it about the others. This is my rough draft.

My design process began with ten thumbnail sketches. I wanted to incorporate my logo, but in a different way than it has been traditionally seen on my website and business cards

No comments:

Post a Comment