Monday, April 11, 2011

Final Project

My final project is a cd packaging case for my photography business, Gordon Maxey Photography. About the only requirement in the project was that we make something that folds (that something could not be generic like a tri-fold brochure). My packaging case will have a pouch where the disk will go and a fold on the cover for reinforcement. With this project I want to make my photography package more appealing. Clients will not only get a disk, but it will come in a custom case with their photos in the design. It is aimed at predominately females, ages 20-30 who are getting married. And I hope that it will be another reason to pick me as a photographer. I based all my dimensions off of a case that I already had, and laid it out according to that.

I manually measured out folded cd cases and cd's of my own to decide on a size. After laying it out in InDeign, I realized that I would have to alter my layout just a little to accommodate paper sizes. This is why I moved the flap above instead of the whole thing being linear. Here is my final cd case and cd design.



This is the final layout I decided on.


Here are the layout thumbs that I thought to be possibilities.



All images copyright by Gordon Maxey, Gordon Maxey Photography 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment