Monday, May 9, 2011

Overall...

Looking back on this course I have learned how to properly prepare my files for output. I knew some basic rules, but never fully prepared files. This is important because when files are transfered from computer to computer many things can go wrong. All of the links and fonts have to be present for the file to open properly and look the way it was intended. We learned that before any design work can begin, specs and dimensions are needed, as well as an understanding of who will be seeing your advertisement, and where. From this basic knowledge design can begin. We learned that even within the same medium (ex: magazine ads) there can be a variety of different specs depending on the magazine. My dimensions could be very different from someone else's. This is all good and important information to know when designing. I plan to take what I've learned here and apply it to the work that I do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment